Cinnamon Is Loaded With Antioxidants:
Cinnamon is loaded with powerful antioxidants, such as polyphenols, which protect the body from oxidative damage caused by free radicals. -
Cinnamon Has Anti-Inflammatory Properties:
Cinnamon is useful for healing & reversing inflammation in the body, because some studies show that the antioxidants in it have potent anti-inflammatory activity. -
Cinnamon Cut The Risk Of Heart Disease:
- Cinnamon has been linked with reduced risk of heart disease, the world's most common cause of premature death.
- It reduces levels of total cholesterol, LDL cholesterol and triglycerides, while HDL cholesterol remains stable.
- Cinnamon has been shown to reduce blood pressure.
When combined, all these factors may drastically cut the risk of heart disease.
-- Cinnamon Improve Sensitivity To The Hormone Insulin:
- Insulin is one of the key hormones essential for the transport of blood sugar from the bloodstream and into cells.
- The problem is that many people are resistant to the effects of insulin due to various reasons.This condition, known as insulin resistance, is a hallmark of serious conditions like metabolic syndrome and type 2 diabetes.
- Cinnamon improves insulin sensitivity of the body by helping the body cells become more responsive to the effects of insulin & hence reducing insulin resistance.
Cinnamon Lowers Blood Sugar Levels And Has A Powerful Anti-Diabetic Effect:
- Apart from the beneficial effects on insulin resistance, cinnamon can lower blood sugar by another mechanism as well.
- First, cinnamon has been shown to decrease the amount of glucose that enters the bloodstream after a meal.
- It does this by interfering with numerous digestive tract hormones.
- This greatly improves glucose uptake by cells, although it acts much slower than insulin itself.
- Cinnamon can lower fasting blood sugar levels by up to 10-29%
Cinnamon Have Beneficial Effects On Neurodegenerative Diseases:
- Neurodegenerative diseases are characterized by progressive loss of the structure or function of brain cells.
- Alzheimer's disease and Parkinson's disease are two of the most common types.
- Two compounds found in cinnamon appear to inhibit the buildup of a protein called tau in the brain, which is one of the hallmarks of Alzheimer's disease.
Cinnamon Be Protective Against Cancer:
- Cancer is a serious disease, characterized by uncontrolled growth of cells.
- Cinnamon acts against cancer by reducing the growth of cancer cells and the formation of blood vessels in tumors, and appears to be toxic to cancer cells, causing cell death.
- Cinnamon acts as activator of detoxifying enzymes in the colon, protecting against further cancer growth.
- Cinnamon activates protective antioxidant responses in human colon cells.
Cinnamon Helps Fight Bacterial And Fungal Infections:
- Cinnamaldehyde, the main component of cinnamon, may help fight various kinds of infection.
- Cinnamon oil has been shown to effectively treat respiratory tract infections caused by fungi.
- It can also inhibit the growth of certain types of bacteria, including Listeria and Salmonella.
- The antimicrobial effects of cinnamon may also help prevent tooth decay and reduce bad breath.