Spirulina is non-toxic blue - Green algae. Spirulina powder is incredible source of high in protein and nutrients. Spirulina can be found in many freshwater environments, including ponds, lakes, and rivers. The largest concentrations of spirulina today can be found at Lake Texcoco in Mexico, around Lake Chad in Central Africa and along the Great Rift Valley in east Africa. Spirulina powder is added in green tea to make spirulina tea. Spirulina powder can be used in smoothies to make it healthier.
Spirulina is Extremely High in Many Nutrients A single tablespoon (7 grams) of dried spirulina powder contains
- Protein: 4 grams.
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamin): 11% of the RDA.
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin): 15% of the RDA.
- Vitamin B3 (Niacin): 4% of the RDA.
- Copper: 21% of the RDA.
- Iron: 11% of the RDA.
- Spirulina contains decent amounts of magnesium, potassium and manganese, and small amounts of almost every other nutrient that we need.As a natural dietary supplement, Spirulina is a great source of nutrients. It contains:
- 10 vitamins including vitamin B, C and E
- 8 minerals
- 18 amino acids
- Fatty acids like Omega 3
- Beta-carotene with antioxidant properties that makes your skin shine and look younger and reduces the effects of the aging process
HOW MUCH SPIRULINA SHOULD YOU TAKE? In General, 4-7g per day of spirulina Powder should be taken.
AVAILABILITY OF SPIRULINA:- It is available in the form of tablets, powder and capsules.
BENEFITS OF SPIRULINA
- Spirulina Has Powerful Antioxidant and Anti-inflammatory Properties
- Spirulina Can Lower LDL and Triglyceride Level
- Muscle Strength and Endurance May Improve
- Spirulina May Help With Blood Sugar Control
- Spirulina can provoke migraines or light fever, for some it can cause constipation, for others diarrhea [particularly in strong dose].
- Spirulina can also Cause temporary weakening of the liver as well as kidney problems in very strong dose cover 10 gm. /day.
- Some people might feel slightly nauseous when they first start taking spirulina.
SPIRULINA IN WEIGHT LOSS:- It reduces weight - Spirulina forms a gel swells in the intestine there by filling it up and reducing craving, thus helping absorption. You will reduce the calorie intake and give your body the nutrients it needs for proper function. Moreover, it plays a crucial role in controlling cravings. It is also recommended for people who eat large food quantities at a single meal. Spirulina is a natural dietary supplement that improves your health and plays an important role in proper nutrition. Due to its capacity to maintain and control weight in a natural way, Spirulina is one of the most popular food supplements available in the market.
OUR TAKE - You can include spirulina in your diet only upon Prescription by your dietician and avoid self-Prescription.